Why a school uniform? Here at RUCA, we want to build confidence and promote a positive learning environment without distractions from learning or teaching. We want our uniform to promote unity and allow the students to build pride in their school.
Dress code colors: white, navy blue, light blue, khaki, dark gray, heather gray
Footwear: any casual or dress shoe, sneakers, loafers and boots
Legwear: (Girls) tights, knee socks, ankle socks, leggings
Outerwear (that may be worn indoors): fleece, zip-ups, crew/hooded sweatshirts in solid dress code colors (no brand logos or graphics permitted)
RUCA Spirit Wear: permitted daily (school order form will be provided for students and families)
Pants/Skirts/Skorts: any dress, casual, chino or athletic style in solid dress code colors (see Lands’ End for plaid selection)
Shorts: Bermuda (or something similar) in solid dress code colors
Tops: Polo shirt or button-down shirt (short or long-sleeve) in solid dress code colors
Sweaters: In solid dress code colors
Girls: Polo or dress shirt with school LOGO, skirt or dress, any footwear above
Boys: Polo or oxford shirt with school LOGO, dress pant or dress short, any footwear above
(only approved outerwear may be worn to chapel)
For ease with shopping, RUCA has a selection of items you can purchase for school. An official RUCA logo can be added to many items on our Lands’ End page (as an option). However, uniforms can be purchased at any brand store if it is in a dress code color.
- The RUCA dress code allows for some flexibility and individuality. Clothing choices must be a solid dress code color (except for the Lands’ End plaid)
- NO open-toed shoes, flip flops, Crocs or sandals
- NO hats or hoods worn indoors
- Leggings cannot be worn as pants. Girls must wear a skirt or dress over leggings
- Shorts/Skirts: no denim permitted. Length must be modest (can be up to 3 inches from the top of the knee)
- Cartwheel short, bike short or legging must be worn underneath all skirts & dresses
Students should dress appropriately. Clothing should not be a distraction to the learning environment and should be comfortable for all school activities. The education of students is our highest priority and student clothing should not serve as a hindrance to that purpose. The school reserves the right to address new fashions not mentioned in this document as they become available to student consumers. Fashions must be appropriate for a minor aged, educational setting.
- Clothing must cover all undergarments and the midriff
- Logos or garments that promote or advertise alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gang affiliation, nudity, profanity, violence, and/or contain inappropriate saying/pictures are not allowed and may be confiscated
- All shirts must have sleeves and must not reveal the upper body (no cleavage)
- Pants for either gender must be worn at the waist (no sagging pants)
- Jeans (without holes) are permitted. No denim skirts/shorts.
- No yoga pants, pajamas or lounge pants
- Any clothing that causes a distraction to the learning environment will be referred to the administration
Uniform shopping in stores:
Target, Walmart, Old Navy, JCPenney, Kohls, Gap, AthletaDownload Dress Code PDF